Thursday 27 February 2014

One year later.

It's strange to think a year ago today, I was preparing to go on the biggest adventure of my life with two of my favourite people. Looking back on it now it's so weird to think how stressed and upset I was getting over the thought of going away, whereas now I'd give anything to be getting on the plane tomorrow.


So much has changed a year on, I remember laughing at people when they said "travelling will change you", they weren't lying. No only did I change as a person but everything I thought I wanted changed to and if I'd know that stepping on that plane would effectively end my three year relationship and changed my whole "5 year plan", I'd still have gotten on that plane. I regret nothing. 


One thing I wish I had been told is how addicted to travelling you get. Within 6 months of being home I'd booked my next trip away and I'm not mentally planning another trip just in case I don't get into PGCE, it's like a curse. I just can't stay at home for this long.


I have to say this is the best curse anyone could I have and I wouldn't change it for a minute. I do love being a home don't get me wrong and the fact I'm seeing Beyonce tomorrow instead of going on a plane is a pretty damn good substitute. It is the little things I miss, like not know what each day would bring, sitting outside in shorts for dinner and teeth cleaning time with this two lovely ladies. 


Hopefully in another years time I will still have travelled and regretted nothing. Plus home isn't all bad, it's so nice to be around all my friends again, trying new things on my doorstep. Plus England is the only place you can get a decent cup of tea and who can life without that?!





No comments:

Post a Comment