Wednesday 19 March 2014

Online dating.



Online dating has always seems to be a bit of a taboo in your twenties, with people asking themselves: "Why can't I meet someone naturally anymore?' From what I can tell from my own experience there is nothing wrong with us. We are all very normal people just looking to meet people, it's just the society has deemed it more acceptable and convenient to do it in a modern way and lazy way - the internet.

From talking to people it seems that people in their twenties are using two main apps/sites to use are Tinder and POF (plenty of fish) and I'm not ashamed to admit it, I've tried both. At first I was just being nosey and wanted to see what all the fuss was about, especially since Tinder has had an elevated profile after it was featured on a channel 4 programme and on the Scott Mills show. You know what, they aren't that bad. Sure at the moment I don't take Tinder too seriously and use it slight more like a game (as I'm it a lot of you do!) but it actually a great way to meet new people. Sure I haven't been on  hundreds of Tinder dates but I have been on a few and lived to tell the tale.

I'm now single again and tempted to "get back on the horse" and move my Tinder app out of it's hiding place on my phone and give it a go again because lets face it what's the worse that can happen?! POF is a little harder to commit to, you have to write a vaguely witty profile and invest some time in searching through peoples profiles. However, this does mean that when you do start talking to someone you probably actually have some common ground. I don't know about you but I have quite built up the courage to commit to POF quite yet, maybe it will be my March goal.

What I'm trying to say if you single and in your 20's it's ok to give it a go. I mean sure it make not be how you planned to meet Mr Right but since when did anything go according to plan? You've got nothing to lose, except maybe an evening trying to write a profile. So next time you're bored and feeling a bit flat I recommend taking the why not?! attitude and trying it, you could meet the man of your dreams.

Good Luck. 

1 comment:

  1. I personally, do not see anything wrong with online dating. I have done it before, on paying sites, and I went on a few dates. Not a big deal. I think the big scare about finding someone online is the possibility of something going wrong and God forbid the guy/woman is a psycho and he/she is after something else. But, in all honesty, there are crazy people everywhere we go and there are people who have met their bf/gf IRL and it hasn't end up so well. Bottom line, you never know what can happen and online dating is as good or bad, as dating someone IRL. Just my two cents ;) great post!

    www.weshareinterest.net

    ReplyDelete