Monday 10 March 2014

London calling.

I'm not normally someone who likes London. I do like living in a city like Plymouth but I also like the fact I can get to the sea in 20 minutes. Having said that, I have been to London 3 times in the last month so thought I'd share some of the photos from my many trips.


Every time I go to London the main focus is always food. On my third visit I was very lucky that  my mum treated me to breakfast at The Wolseley for my birthday, it was incredible. If you are ever in London and want a fancy breakfast I can't recommend it highly enough - I strongly recommend you book in advance http://www.thewolseley.com/


This was my breakfast. A smoke salmon and cream cheese bagel with a chocolate chip pastry for dessert, it is as good as it looks. 

No trip to London is  complete without a visit to a Museum. The museum of choice during my second visit was the V&A. The V&A has to be my favourite museum in London and if I ever moved that I'd definitely get a membership. Since I went with Em as part of a joint birthday celebration it was only right that we spilt our time equally between what we wanted to see. For me that meant South-Asian Art and for Em we went to look at 18th Century England. I have to admit I have the mentality of a child in museums and if there is a chance to interact or try something on I will do it, luckily Em joined in too. 


Aside from the amazing dress up, the V&A itself is just beautiful and I could happily spend days wandering around looking at all the art and artifices, even the lights are stunning. 


It has always been a tradition that whenever I go to London with my mum we go to Liberty. My mum used to work there when she was my age and I couldn't be more jealous, it is the most beautiful shop.This time I couldn't resist taking a touristy photo of the flora display. Looking at it you forget your in the hustle in bustle of London and imagine yourself in a village in the Cotswold. 


The main thing I love about London is the West-end. Living in Plymouth we don't many of the great shows coming down here so as a Birthday treat my mum took me to see The Book of Mormon. I'd heard so many good things about it and they were all right, it was hilarious. Admittedly, some parts are a bit rude to watch with your mum but we both embraced it and laughed along. I can't say more that go and see it, you won't regret it...unless you don't enjoy jokes about religion, God or Sex then maybe sit this one out. 


As much as I'm starting to enjoy London more and more I think it's time for me to spend some quality time in the South West by the Sea. 











No comments:

Post a Comment