Friday 14 February 2014

V Day.

As I'm sure most of you are aware today is Valentines day and this year I'm approaching this day with my more mixed emotions than usual. This is my first "single"  Valentines day since I was 15, so this year is uncharted territory for me.



Don't get me wrong even when I was in  a long-term relationship with S, my favourite valentines was when stayed in because I was ill and watched films. I'm not convinced by all the heart, hallmark cards or the over priced set menus. I've never been a fan of forced fun so why should force romance be any different? I did see this card which I saw in Urban Outfitter and loved it, it's the little things that make you smile!



This year I'm embracing the things I love: my bed, Maccy d's and a good film. This is what I have in store for myself on this disgusting Friday, and you know what I can't wait! One thing that has made me smile today is all the single motto's people have been posted on Twitter, I have included some of my favourite in this post, this one being a particular favourite:


I have this year discovered something worth celebrating this year - 1 billion rising for Justice. A charity which is trying to end violence against women by giving them a voice. On this day they are asking everyone to dance, even just for two minutes to create a chain to get women noticed, to make politicians realise we have a voice and this has to stop. Please have a look at their website http://www.onebillionrising.org/ or follow them on twitter https://twitter.com/VDay, just to see the amazing work the do and have a dance today not just because it's the weekend or because your having a kitchen boogie but because this is a worthwhile cause.


Happy Valentines day everyone!
Lauren 








No comments:

Post a Comment